QuickBooks Point of Sale could be a nice software system that permits its users to simply and effectively manage sales, customers, and inventory. though users of QuickBooks accounting software system notice QuickBooks Point of Sale extremely useful, they encounter errors related to it from time to time. QuickBooks Error 1706 is one such a mistake.
QuickBooks Error 1706 could occur once a user tries an associate installation from a removable media, as an example, a CD or videodisc. once there’s some downside with the installation of QB purpose of Sale, a user could get QuickBooks Error Code 1706. A user will get QuickBooks POS Error 1706 once he or she makes an attempt to start out the point of Sale installer. The error message that seems on the screen says that a legitimate supply wasn’t found whereas attempting to open POS.
In this article, you may learn why you will get QuickBooks Error 1706 and what you’ll do to repair it simply. To continue operating swimmingly, it’s necessary to resolve QuickBooks POS Error 1706 as early as you’ll.
If you will face any kind of error to perform these steps you can contact to QuickBooks support team.
Why does QuickBooks Error 1706 occur?
QuickBooks Error 1706 will occur thanks to varied causes. a number of the causes are listed below –
- The supply like a CD, videodisc or InstallShield from that QB point of Sale has been put in is broken or corrupted, thus necessary POS elements couldn’t be put in.
- Microsoft .NET Framework one.1 that’s put in on your laptop could be a beta version.
- Microsoft .NET Framework version put in on your system isn’t compatible, not properly put in, or is incompletely put in.
- There is some downside with the configuration of the Microsoft .NET Framework.
- Windows files or elements that area unit needed by QuickBooks purpose of Sale to perform properly area unit either broken or missing.
- Files are over fragmented.
- Hardware or Random-Access Memory (RAM) decline.
- There are too several applications that begin throughout the Windows startup.
- There are errors related to POS within the Windows written record.
How to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 1706?
Following solutions are offered to troubleshoot QuickBooks Error Code 1706 –
Use the System File Checker tool
Follow these steps –
- Click on the beginning within the bottom left of your screen.
- Type these words within the search box – electronic communication or cmd.
- In the search results, do a right-click on electronic communication.
- Choose Run as administrator choice. If needed enter the administrator countersign.
- If in case, your laptop is victimization Microsoft Windows ten, 8.1 or eight OS, you’ve got to run the DISM tool before running the System File Checker (SFC) tool.
- Type SFC / scannow within the electronic communication window.
- Press the Enter key on the keyboard.
- The System File Checker (SFC) tool can scan and so repair corrupted system files.
- The electronic communication window shouldn’t be closed until the verification method is absolutely completed.
- Now, check whether or not QuickBooks Error 1706 is going on.
Use Microsoft Fix it a tool
Microsoft Fix it’s an excellent tool developed by Microsoft to repair issues, as well as corrupted Windows, wrote record keys, that build it tough for a user to put in or take away programs. This tool isn’t any longer supported by Microsoft, thus you ought to use another tool called Microsoft Program Install and Uninstall maintenance man. To use this tool, follow these steps –
- Firstly, move to the Microsoft web site to transfer the tool.
- Click on the transfer button
- A file transfer window can get opened.
- Now, choose either Save or Open.
- Run this tool as associate administrator.
- Check whether or not QuickBooks POS Error 1706 is showing or not.
Install QuickBooks POS once more
Uninstalling and reinstalling point of Sale could fix QuickBooks POS Error 1706. to put in QB POS, follow these steps –
- First of all, move to QuickBooks Desktop point of Sale transfer page and transfer it. If you’ve got an associate unscratched installation CD that doesn’t have any signs of harm, you’ll use it.
- After downloading, navigate to the situation wherever you’ve got saved the downloaded QB purpose of Sale feasible file. Preferably, it ought to air your computer’s desktop.
- Double-click the feasible file thus on run the POS software system installation.
- If you see a message asking you to write the prevailing extracted files, click on the affirmative to any or all choice.
- Click on the future button in order that the installation method will begin.
- Accept the software system License Agreement and at the moment click on the future button.
- Now, you may be prompted to kind your License and products numbers.
- After that click on the future button.
- Now, you may be asked whether or not you would like to use single or a lot of computers with QB POS. If solely one user desires to use POS, select solely this laptop. If multiple users wish to use POS, you’ve got to pick out 2 or a lot of computers and select from the 2 choices – Server digital computer or shopper digital computer. A Server digital computer is accountable for making and holding your QB company information. shopper digital computer acts because the register that helps customers in day to day sales. Take into a thought that if in any case, you would like to alter POS software system installation kind from server to shopper digital computer or the other way around, you’re needed to initial uninstall and so install POS.
- Click on the Install button to continue. If in case, you would like to travel back to the previous screen, click on the rear button.
- After the installation method is over, restart your laptop.
- Finally, activate QB POS.
- Now, see if you’re obtaining QuickBooks Error 1706.
Update QB point of Sale
Follow the steps given below to update QuickBooksPOS the newest release-
- Navigate to the Downloads & Update website on the Intuit’s QuickBooks web site.
- Select QB purpose of Sale because of the product within the Product computer menu.
- Next, you’ve got to pick out the edition.
- After selecting the edition, you’ve got to pick out version or year.
- Now, click on the Search button.
- Click on the link with the name – Get the newest updates.
- When prompted, save the file.
- Double-click the downloaded file to put in the updates.
- Restart Windows once you’ve got put in the updates.
If you’re unable to use any of the higher than solutions, or if even once applying the higher than solutions, QuickBooks Error 1706 remains showing, then contact our practiced QuickBooks technical support consultants to induce immediate facilitate.