Handmade soaps are oozing with benefits. They’re made with select oils that are rich in antioxidants, keeping your skin radiant and healthy. If you want to alleviate pain, adding a hint of hemp or CBD oil will soothe mild aches, while cannabis oil can relieve various surgery pain. Essential oils are also great additions for a calming and fragrant effect. If you want an easy recipe that can calm your nerves and your senses, lavender, and CBD-enriched soap will suit you well.
Health benefits of lavender
Lavender is distinctly fragrant with a colour that soothes the eyes. In the earlier times, it was used in Persia, ancient Greece, and Rome as a bath additive to help purify the body and mind. Today, lavender continues to provide a sense of peace and calm, which effectively reduces anxiety, insomnia, and depression.
Health benefits of CBD oil
Cannabidiol or CBD oil comes from hemp plants, which, unlike marijuana, doesn’t intoxicate. This oil is rich in pain-relieving effects and anti-inflammatory properties, making it a good solution for specific aches and acne cases. Unlike lavender oil, CBD oil is not as easy to find. Websites like https://www.budlab.co sell different cannabis products, perfect for this soap recipe.
Apart from these oils, there are a few more ingredients you’ll need to make the best soap you’ve ever tried. This recipe makes 12 bars that weigh 113 grams each.
- 285 g coconut oil
- 143 g CBD oil
- 143 g cocoa butter
- 143 g castor oil
- 143 g avocado oil
- 340 g filtered water
- 116 g lye
- 30 g lavender essential oil
- In a large stainless-steel pot, mix your coconut, CBD, castor, and avocado oil. Immediately add in your cocoa butter and place it on low heat. Stir until they incorporate.
- After your oils and cocoa butter are combined, their fat and oil content will require heating to convert into soap and alcohol. This process of saponification includes working with lye, which can burn your eyes and skin. Wearing goggles, a mask, and gloves will protect you against mishaps, so make sure you are properly geared up. To start the soaping process, you need to pour the lye into the water and never the other way around. This should be done in a heat-resistant container since lye will heat up quickly. Do not inhale the toxic fumes.
- After the lye and water mixture reaches a temperature of 37.78°C, pour it into the pot of oils. Use a hand mixer or stick blender to mix them thoroughly.
- Add your lavender oil.
- Pour your well-incorporated mixture into a lined mold. Insulate it by covering the mold for 24 hours.
- After a day of insulating, you can now remove your beautiful bars of soap. Although it is tempting to use right away, your soaps will have to be cured for at least a month before usage for better incorporation.
- Enjoy your fragrant and pain-relieving soap!
Homemade soaps are rich in benefits and are relatively easy to make. Make sure you gather only quality ingredients from your trusted store to reap the best effects of your natural soap.