Have you ever thought why San Diego accidents are so common? In this article, we have discussed California car accident statistics that are accountable for overwhelming injuries and deaths.
Basic things to know about accidents in the United States
San Diego, which is one of the most popular cities in the United States have reported several traffic accidents every year. The city is known for its busy lives and congested traffic lines. Because a large number of people are on the roads and with an increasing number of personal cars, vehicle accidents are almost inevitable over here. The most important causes of car accidents are –
- Drunk driving
- Improper turning
- Distracted driving
This information is important for all the drivers because you can take preventive steps while driving on the streets of San Diego. One of the major factors that are responsible for car accidents is the time of the day. According to the statistics, most of the accidents take place during rush hours, especially in the morning and in the evening (Around 5 to 6 pm).In case of any injuries, you should hire your attorney.
*Attention lawyers: Contact Brad Nakase if you need to know the benefits of seo for lawyers.
Causes of car accidents in San Diego
Knowing the reasons for car accidents can help the drivers to avoid collisions and to know when, why and where can accidents take place! Nearly 61% of the accidents take place near the urban areas
- Speeding– One of the most important causes of a car accident is speeding. In 2018, 925 deaths have been reported due to speed driving. Speeding can be difficult on two lane highways or freeways.
- Drunk and driving– Another highest number of accidents have been reported where the driver was found to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol. 42% of fatalities were reported in 2018 where the drivers were found to be under the influence of drugs. However, the fatality rate due to alcoholic influence has reduced to 1069 in 2018 from 1147 in 2017. There has been a total reduction of 6% in alcoholic influence accidents.
- Distracted driving– Though California has strict traffic laws, there have been cases where accidents were reported due to distracted driving. There have been prohibitions with regard to use of cell phones when driving, but in 2018, there have been 80% of accident cases that have been reported due to distracted driving. Nearly 3000 cases have been reported every year.
Besides this, there are various other leading causes of car accidents in San Diego which is important to know.
- Teen fatalities– Teen drivers (aged 16 to 19 years) are more prone to car accidents than the elders. The chances of risk arise over 65 years of age. However, there has been a sharp decline in the teen fatality rate (488 in 2018 from 578 in 2017).
- Pedestrian fatalities– There have been a slight increase in pedestrian fatality from 194 in 2017 to 195 in 2018.
- Time of the day– There has been reckless driving between the hours of 5 to 6 pm. It is usually the time of the day when most of the workers return home. There have been 6.3% of deaths that have been reported in 2018 due to nighttime accidents.
Accidents can take place at any time of the day and hence, the drivers need to be careful and should provide 100% dedication when driving.