Half of the male population between the ages of 40 to 70 suffer from erectile dysfunction. But only 10% of them report to not having the ability to get an erection. After taking the necessary drugs designed for erectile dysfunction, about 70% of men can get an erection to last them throughout sexual intercourse. When men visit the doctor for their erection problem, they often suggest opting for medication. Those who have a problem getting an erection should take medicine, and it will help them get a stiff penis throughout sexual intercourse. But men should expect to see a few side effects when using these drugs.
Doctors would suggest oral medicines such as Sildenafil, Vigora, Vardenafil, Vidalista, avanafil, and tadalafil to treat erectile dysfunction in men. The medicines enhance the nitric oxide, which then helps the blood to fill the chambers inside the penis. Due to this, with sexual stimulation, one can get their desired erection.
How does oral drug contrast from each other?
All the medicine stated above works to help men get an erection. But all of them have a different chemical mixture. As they have a different chemical formula, it varies in the way the drug works, such as how fast it works, how long the effect stays, and the potential side effects. When you visit the doctor, he will check these factors and your health before prescribing any particular medicine.
- Sildenafil: Sildenafil or Viagra works the best when taken an hour or 30 minutes before sexual intercourse. Also, one should have it in an empty stomach to get the best result. Those who have mild or moderate erectile dysfunction can have an erection for 4 to 5 hours with the help of this medicine.
- Vigora: Vigora also consists of Sildenafil, and one can observe the effect of this pill with 30 minutes to 2 hours after consuming it. The effect of this medicine lasts for 4 hours, which gives men enough time to have sex. Make sure not to have alcohol when taking this medicine.
- Avanafil: One should take this medicine 30 minutes before sex and with or without food. The effect of this medication lasts for 6 hours, depending on the dosage.
- Vardenafil: for this medicine as well, one should take it an hour before the intercourse with or without food. Also, try to avoid high-fat meals as it delays the process of getting an erection. Men can have the erection lasting for 4 to 5 hours for those with moderate erectile dysfunction. Nowadays, men can find a form if this drug which dissolves in the tongue. This works faster than those, which men swallow.
- Vidalista: one should take Vidalista medicine with food and swallow it directly. Do not chew or break this medicine. Make sure to have this medicine at least half an hour before sex, and the effect will last up to 4 hours.
- Tadalafil: Men need to have this medicine with or without food at least one or two hours before having sexual intercourse. One can see its effect for as long as 36 hours. Doctors often suggest taking the medicine in small dosage daily. For severe conditions, they recommend a larger dosage.
As all these drugs work the same way one should consider other factors such as cost, usage, how long the effect lasts, etc. before picking a specific medication. One can also find a various generic version of these medicines in the market.
When would it be advisable for one to abstain from utilizing the oral medication?
It is important to consult a doctor before starting any erectile dysfunction medication. Before starting the medication for erectile dysfunction, one should keep specific points in mind. The medicine does not work if you:
Those who take nitrate drugs, prescribed for chest pain.
Men who have high blood pressure or extremely low blood pressure.
Those who have bad liver problems.
Men who need dialysis for kidney problems.
What are the side effects for taking these medicines?
Most of the time men do not seem to have any side effects when they take these oral medicines. But few side effects that occur are:
Sensitivity to light
Men rarely face any severe side effects. Some of them are:
- Erection, which does not go down on its own: this is also known as priapism. It occurs when the erection does not go down on its own, and it tends to pain a lot. Men have to look for clinical treatment for this issue. Those who have an erection for more than 4 hours should visit the doctors immediately.
- Hearing and vision loss: men have complained that they lost their hearing and vision after taking these medicines. But it is not known whether they lost their sense of hearing and vision due to this medicine or for underlying conditions. If you have this problem after consuming oral medication, then seek the doctors as soon as possible.
Should I purchase these oral medicines online?
Men can find a handful of scam websites online that offer medicines for erectile dysfunction. For those who want to buy these medicines online should have certain points in mind.
- Double-check to see if it is a legitimate pharmacy: it is important to not purchase medicines from online stores that do not offer the customer to call the pharmacy directly. Many illegal websites try to sell these drugs without the need for prescription and at a low price. But most of the time it turns out to be a scam.
- Carefully buy the right dosage and medicine: after you get the medicine delivered home, make sure to check if they sent the correct dosage and drug. Do not opt for any other dosage or medicine, which your doctor did not prescribe.
- Do not buy herbal Viagra: it is essential never to purchase drugs that claim to be herbal. They contain harmful substance and does not help with the treatment of erectile dysfunction.