The future of any business is only as good as its accountants. Accountants are responsible for efficiently handling an organisation’s finances and ensuring that its economic goals are achieved.
Without reliable and talented accountants, the company’s financial books would be in disarray, the bills wouldn’t be paid and the employees wouldn’t get their salaries. This is why; accountancy has always been a popular profession among fresh graduates and also Accounting Help Tutors.
While there are plenty of accounting qualifications available, choosing the Certified Public Accountant or CPA qualification can have its own benefits. Read this blog to learn more about this qualification and the benefits of pursuing it.
What is a CPA?
The Certified Public Accountant certification is issued by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants or AICPA to accountants who meet the educational and experience criteria set by the organisation in addition to passing the CPA qualifying exams. The purpose of the CPA designation is to enforce professional accountancy standards in the USA and the rest of the world.
What are the benefits of pursuing a CPA degree?
Here are a few advantages of pursuing a CPA qualification.
- Higher salary prospects: Since the CPA is a coveted certification, CPA accountants make much more money than unlicensed accountants. In fact according to the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy in the US, the certification can allow you to get almost 10-15% higher salaries.
- Great diversity in career roles: CPA-qualified accountants work in a wide array of professional domains from healthcare to the Agri-financial domain. There are plenty of applications in off-beat domains as well such as law-enforcement, entertainment and the Petro-chemical industry. Hence, acquiring a CPA certification can provide you with the flexibility of choosing any professional domain to launch your career.
- Multiple chances for career progression: CPA-certified accountants have twice the number of opportunities for advancing their career as opposed to unlicensed accountants. They also enjoy a host of other career-oriented benefits such as the ability to represent clients to the IRS, the membership of the Securities and Exchange Commission, and flexibility to pursue a career with publicly traded companies.
- Respectable profession: The CPA is an immensely well-respected and coveted qualification that is recognised throughout the world by thousands of employers. Moreover, a CPA certification can also be considered as the highest level of credential that an accountant can achieve in their professional domain. Hence passing this exam can earn you prestige and respect from prospective clients and peers.
- Guaranteed career security: Obtaining a CPA certification is a guaranteed way to achieve financial and career security as thousands of employers across the globe and in the US would pay exorbitant amounts of money to retain the services of a CPA-certified accountant. The CPA certification also allows you to pursue a freelance career and open your own accountancy agency.
A CPA certification can launch a well-paying accountancy career provided you put in enough time and efforts. While qualifying for a CPA exam can be difficult, you can improve your exam score with CPA courses. Enrol in a CPA course today to kick-start a successful accountancy career.